Sunday, March 8, 2009

Still Hungry

And like I said in my previous post, Rachna and I were popular and still hungry. Popularity is in fact such a hunger that the more you try to satisfy it, the more it aggravates.
I thought we had done everything to gain popularity but Rachna knew of more.


She enjoyed it. I don't believe it. My head started spinning. I enjoyed it only in the beginning when it felt cold at the back of my mouth. But then , it moved over to my head and made me feel dizzy. I really didn't like it. Just two puffs of cigarette did that to me. I wasn't ready for more. Not at all.

She: You didn't like it? Really??

(er....yea.......you heard it right)

Me: Maybe because I already had my head aching.

She: It's supposed to treat headaches stupid. What kinda girl are you? You say you are a delhi-ite. I ask, are you even real?

Me: but...

She: You are now in college, not in your girl's convent school anymore. All girls do it...

Me: yea???

She: yea......that's what they join hostels for. They do it inside their rooms..... to experience life....a life... where you know only you control yourself.....

(Oh God! I'm stuck....can't handle this nagging anymore. Doesn't she know that its injurious to health?)

She: It's just once or twice. You are not going to make it a habit for sure, right?

Me: right

She: Good........now I just hope you'll not say you haven't ever gone to a disc.....

( I remember once I had to help a girl come out of her house because she said she had to go to rpm with her boyfriend. I didn't know what rpm meant but I asked her mom to send Rashi to rpm to help me with shopping. Fortunately, her mother didn't know what rpm is supposed to be.)

Me: rpm.....many a times.......

She: and obviously had some drinks.....?

(They serve drinks there? I thought it was a disc..... u know.....a DISCO where you go and dance like crazy......where do drinks come from?)

Me: of course

She: Good......I taught you to smoke. You'll teach me to drink. Right?

Me: (gulp) Right



11 comments:

  1. u too?? a typical, hostel livin student.....?
    mmmm... fun being dere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice 2 visit ur blog.
    very happy holi to u n ur friends and family
    will comment on ur writings ..next time
    enjoy holi
    with regards
    abhinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. I haven't read anything like this before,
    I have heard a lot about 'Dilli ki kudiyan' but never read about them.
    I will keep coming here to read more about your 'experiments'. :)

    P.S. Nice and clean blog, minimum use of javaScripts, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah!! nice one!! well written..!!

    first few puffs of cigarettes.. tel me abt it..!! :D
    though dint get to stay in a hostel anytime. these experiences are totally awesome and totally inevitable. But these are the things you're gonna remember.. for a long long time to come..!!!

    you actually made me curious about your future posts!!!
    waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vijayshryaln, a hostel living student is right...but typical, not quite

    Abhinn,Thanks a lot. I'm sorry I'm late but same to you :)

    Anmol, 'experiments' is right...I'm too good at failed experiments.....and no matter what, I'll keep it up ;)

    Rag, I know......wouldn't have thought about doing that if I weren't in the hostel...Sometimes, it feels good to be bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's mandatory for delhi girls to smoke??
    wow..
    how come i didn't know THAT??

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ jinxed!!!
    hey kiddo... you you you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Jinxed Pixie, it's just a notion people from other places have about delhi-ites...it doesn't have to be true...believe me sweets, you needn't smoke to be happening...you just need to keep control...and not get carried away like I did :( Get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. well it isn't bad to drink..but then developing self control and a strong will is a must

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well personally..i dont believe into "being in teh group". I havent tried anything which i fel is necessary to be in the group...surely i had troubles...but then the world is full of beautiful pl to support..you dont have to run to lose your identity in name if experiment or lose your self in name of being recognised.

    @iti
    nice write up though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your experiments with cigarettes is dazzling..I wold keep a watch...

    What happened Next?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting me :)