Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tell me what's real

Yesterday I had this conversation with a friend


I: I don't understand the concept of arranged marriages. I mean, you don't get to 'know' people in just a couple of meetings. Its my third year in college and people, even the ones I call friends, are so unpredictable!

She: I know, seriously.

I: And....and you know, it hurts to see someone you think you know do something you could never imagine the person doing.


She: Of course, it does hurt. Everyone gets hurt at some point or the other in life. And its never the last time. I have seen so many kinds of people in this college that I had never seen before and I have learnt a lot of things about life in general

I: My life has changed a lot too. In fact I have changed a lot


She: In what way?

I: I have learnt to compromise with my sub conscience. I have learnt to convince it whenever I have no alternatives. I have pulled myself out of the fanciful idea that everyone has a heart and everyone listens to it.....that even those who do bad things are good inside.

I could feel something crumbling within me

I used to think everybody who makes a mistake thinks about it while he's alone and realizes it and regrets it.... But thankfully, I've understood the fact about the 'real' world...
I am less foolish now, more practical.


She: Good that you have realized 'cause that is actually the truth. People do not always realize and they rarely regret and apologizing has become out of question.


I didn't expect her to say that. I wished she said that what I now think is wrong and that people do regret hurting people. What was crumbling had completely broken down.

I lied to her. It takes time for everything to happen. It will take time for my thoughts to change. People hurt me and didn't apologize. But I forgave them, because I believed that they do regret but don't tell me satisfy their ego. I still do.
Even if Rachna says sorry, I wouldn't be able to keep myself from melting down. I would hug her and say "I missed you" ( I hope she never does or she would get a chance to hurt me once again)

5 comments:

  1. Right or wrong is personal. No one hurts intentionally. Everyone has a reason to say or do something. It is how we take and look at things they have done.

    And yes, people know what they are doing. If they do not, they will sooner or later. :)

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea.. it depends on our way of seein...
    life fetch ya wat u need.. sooon...
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lot of people out there who loves us unconditionally..Just reciprocate their love for once..It will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and i second Luscious Sealed Lips

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting me :)