Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Transformation

In the new world of college, I needed a friend who could turn the whole unfamiliarity into excitement for me. Rachna was that friend who helped me grow out of my introverted existence and led me to a world which smelled of popularity. She made the little that she knew look so special that I started wishing that I had the courage to show everyone what all I could do. I had mostly danced inside my room, sung wile I lay on my bed, written only in my diary, sketched and often left it neglected. She helped me dance on the stage. And then, I sung on the stage, anchored events, wrote for magazines and sketched and won in competetions. In turn, I helped her with all that she wanted. She lived in hostel and convinced my parents to let me have an experience of the hostel life too. She then became a part of not only my life but also of my family. She never let me go close to hers though. I didn't mind it. And then, it was her time to enjoy transformations. I let her share my friends, my wardrobe and sometimes even the credits I received for somethings. Soon, we were the most happening girls at college and we completely loved it.

5 comments:

  1. yup... frnds will change ur life.... valuable post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good friendship always brings about a positive change in ones personality and you have written it beautifully. its nice to know that you have been able to get out of your shell, because many people are unable to do so. enjoy the positive changes to the fullest.
    but its also important not to lose ones individuality in the process ...
    you write well ... its terse and very much readable. have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Vijayshryaln, friends do change your life, some positively n some in other ways.
    Whatever may be the type, friendships always have a lot to teach.


    Thanks Saif.......your comments are always very valuable. I just wish I had started blogging earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is such a relief to see that you UNDERSTAND the Exact value of friendship!!there are 3 and only 3 things in world, whose importance u realise once u have lost it...no dramatising..number one is money..second being health..and followed by freindship!!!nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend is Indeed great..Wish I have a friend like that..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting me :)